So much has happened, yet not much at all. Sorry I do not make regular appearances at my own blog. I make regular appearances (reading) many other blogs! Let me tell you everything I’ve learned or done since I was last here.
1. First, I have to mention the weather. I feel like that’s all people in Nashville (and a lot of places mention), but dang it’s record-setting triple digits. I really thought something on my person would burn or melt driving from work to the YMCA today.
2. Drink water. Lots of water. And stay inside. I pretty much cancelled my weekend plans and am going to hole up at home (or at least I’m thinking that’s what I’ll do).
3. I think that was the first time I’ve given health advice on my blog. I am a nurse practitioner after all.
4. Have I told you about my traumatic morning two Saturdays ago? Because, well, it was bad. I managed to burn my hand with hot oatmeal as I pulled the bowl out of the microwave on the one weekend day a year I have to work. After 45 minutes of submerging it in ice water, I still felt the pain. I put aloe on and bandaged my hand, because, btw, one of my cats had been vomiting for 24 hours and was lethargic. And I figured if I didn’t take her to the vet that morning, something bad would happen, and I would be a bad cat owner. (I feel guilty about that). I leave a voicemail with my coworker that I’m going to be late to work (because I didn’t know who I should call in case they were looking for me). Then the pain starts back in my hand, and I am bawling. I finally get a hold of my mom, who instructed me to keep putting aloe on my burn. Which helped. But only for 5-10 minutes, then I would start crying and need to reapply. Anyways, I one-handedly got Emme in a crate and drove her to the vet (though I had to pull over because the pain was so bad). I apologized to the vet for crying and explained I was in pain and not worried about my cat. I was a hot mess, let me tell you. Thankfully, my sweetest coworker returned my call and offered to work that day for me. Praise God. About 6 hours later, the pain was under control, and I was able to bandage my hand. I took 2 naps that day to recover from the crying.
5. The next day my hand looked “healed.” None of the burn area was visible except for the second-degree area on one finger. Which has healed wonderfully. (That was the condensed story).
6. Emme had to go back to the vet and stay in the hospital for a few days, but she’s back to her sassy self.
7. Online dating. Oh my, do I have so much to say! I need another blog. But I may blog about it here…which may cause me to lose all of my current readers. Pros and cons of blogging about this?
8. My parents moved out of my childhood home a few months ago, after 28 years! I didn’t say goodbye to my old house because I didn’t realize it at the time, that it would be my last visit. I was prepared to take pictures and have an emotional memory recollection, but my mom and I went to pack up boxes then left. Later she told me that was the last time I’ll ever go there. (I haven’t cried yet.)
9. I decided I like the bonus room, where my childhood furniture is now placed, in my parents’ new house.
and oh, no, no. Save yourself from the hope of the usual delightful flavor combo.
11. I also think about starting a grocery store visiting blog.
12. I should probably just start blogging here more.
13. I can highly recommend the combination of blueberries and nectarine…it’s even better with an iced hazelnut coffee on the side.
14. Summer goals: I would like to find a frame to make a chalkboard out of, and then have a posted “Goals” list for each season.
15. One of my summer goals was to keep my basil alive. It died 2 weeks ago.
16. I’ve noticed I’ve lost a lot of zest that I used to have for my job (and people). It makes me sad. I want to find that again.
17. A friend told me that I forget that I have the power to make a difference in other people’s lives. True, I do. (But it’s a lie). It’s easy to brush aside, but believing it changes everything.
18. Having a stylish friend come over and tell you “yes” or “no” to home decorating ideas is a great thing. Helping me gain focus on what to do next.
19. Turning 30 is coming at me fast. I wish I had made a “30 before 30” goal list, but it made me overwhelmed thinking about it. So I have one good one: goal weight by my birthday (3 months!).
20. My favorite word right now is precious. But I think I like it all the time.