**I started this post several days but got stopped in midst of the cat tragedy (see below). Now I’m back from a 4-day road trip with my friend Allison.There’s much to say about that, but I’ll save those details and THOUGHTS for another day.**
Hey there friends. So much for blogging this year (what is it about sitting down to write?). I will say I am doing well with my New Year’s resolutions…I’m not so sure I’m doing that much according to my motto. Or maybe it just doesn’t look like I think it should. Anyways, here’s a little update.
- I quit Facebook and Twitter for Lent. I miss it and I don’t. I do think it’s helped me focus more on areas in my life that I need to work on. Also I’ve noticed how many times I’ve wanted to complain (usually Twitter) and haven’t. But I do feel like I’m missing out on knowing what’s going on in a lot of people’s lives.
- Honey Bunches of Oats came out with new flavors “Fruit Blends.” Don’t worry, I’ve tried all 3 of them, and they are yum! Banana Blueberry, Peach Raspberry, and Mango Coconut. Also, I’ve finally become a bigger fan of oatmeal because it actually fills me up now. Oatmeal out of the big cylinder gives you lots more than the instant packs but takes the same amount of time (90 seconds) to cook in the microwave. And it’s healthier!
- I think I’m over cheap nail polish…unless someone tells me of one that is actually good. I’m painting my toenails right now with cheap stuff. I don’t like the consistency.
- Today while in Philanthropy in downtown Franklin, the song “Captivate Us” by the Christian group Watermark came on, and I forgot how much I love it so. So A Grateful People album may be on repeat in my house for the next day or more. (I’m not sure how to link to Spotify or I would.) It’s funny how an album that is 7 years old and one I’ve probably never listened to in its entirety before is so what I needed right now.
- Cat tragedy: A week and a half ago I decided to take Fatty to the vet because he was drinking a lot of water and peeing a lot more than usual (and outside the litter box at times). So I took him before I went to work, the vet and I talked about how hard it was to get cats to lose weight–he had topped the scales at 19 pounds, and they decided to keep him to get a urinalysis and figure out the problem. Well it was a bad day for an extra thing in my schedule because I had volunteered to teach a class for adoptive/foster parents on medication administration that night. I rushed from work to pick him up and although I knew the medical possibilities which would cause his symptoms, I wasn’t prepared to hear Fatty had diabetes. All I could think was, “I’ve got to get out of here!” So I told the vet I knew about diabetes, gave him his first insulin shot, bought the diabetic food, and left with a prescription for insulin shots to be given twice a day.
Fast forward a week. After much debating, denial, and guilt, I decided to put him down because I couldn’t take care of him properly. The cost of the insulin ($150/vial) and my somewhat busy schedule and frequent enough travel made me decide. So then there were goodbyes with Sarah because Fatty was her cat first and goodbyes at the vet with my friend Wendy there. The decisions were stressful, but now that it’s done, I’m at much peace.
- During this ordeal, I realized that I have trouble making decisions without guilt or fear. <sigh>
- I am beginning to redo my living room. I originally wanted to post home decor and crafty stuff on this blog…so I guess it’s times I did something to a room. :)
- Do you know last Friday (the one before Spring Break) had been my goal for several weeks? Yes, it marked the end of the busy season of cold and flu and the beginning of my week of vacation. I wasn’t sure I was going to make it to Friday.
- Online dating is happening again. Or something.
- I am having problems with insomnia! In the past year or so I’ve had problems randomly with waking up and not being able to go back to sleep. Within the last week, I attributed it to anxiety (although I think I handle stress relatively well) trying to make decisions on Fatty and emailing guys. But I have really zero stress in my life and am still waking up at 2 a.m. give or take. My nose was stuffy in December, and I attributed my spell to that, but I can breathe just fine. I feel like I should be able to figure myself out but so far, I’m a mystery. I’m trying to work out a doable dosage of Ibuprofen PM–I need it strong enough to keep me asleep but not enough where I’m groggy for hours. Is that possible? I don’t know, but it’s catching up with me.
- I should probably go to sleep now and take some Ibuprofen PM.
- Spring clothes. Amen.
- I have 3 magazines to read and at least one book I want to finish on vacation #2 of the week.
- Tonight I found a pair of gold earrings in my car that I probably haven’t worn in a year. One was in my front dash pocket (?) and one was in the backseat holder. Weird, because I’ve definitely cleaned out my car several times in the past few months.
- I have one earring stuck in my car in a tight spot. I need to remember to come up with a contraption to get it out.
Thanks for listening to the rambling friends. Happy Spring!!