Whatever I said I would be writing about at one point isn’t what I’m going to write about. (I think we can have that as a disclaimer, yes?)
I can’t think of when I’ve been so motivated to write a blog post! Maybe I was in the car too long today coupled with minimal human interaction during the day, but I have a million thoughts running around in my head. I realized I wanted to tweet about how much I want to talk about/love clouds, country music, and Honey Bunches of Oats. (But who really wants to converse about those things? If you do, call me, I’m ready.) So it’s going to appease me to no end to blog about my thoughts of the day. Without further adieu, I’m basically going to vomit out my thoughts of the day (bye to those who are stopping now):
1. Clouds–I love clouds…I don’t know if I’ve ever publicly acknowledged this or talked about it. Especially I love cumulus clouds. The evening sky felt so peaceful, white fluff against a background of baby blue. I tend to notice clouds more when I’m traveling. When I was younger, I did a good share of cloud gazing in our front yard. There was a dip in the yard to the metal water line cover so I sat there and dreamed of what the cloud shapes could be.
2. Country music. Just a few weeks ago, I was thinking how we really need some good new songs out, and what do you know, it’s happened. Country music makes me happy. I don’t like it all, but seriously there is some songwriting going on.
If you don’t happen to listen to country music, let me introduce you to some prime stuff:
- “Cruise” by Florida Georgia Line…this song is a little much for me, but dang it’s so catchy and PERFECT summer music.
- “Wagon Wheel” by Darius Rucker…love. This is an Old Crow Medicine Show song, but so glad it’s country radio.
- “Boys ‘Round Here” by Blake Shelton with the Pistol Annies. Okay, I don’t really like the song (it’s rough), but this is PURE country. You’ve got to listen to it to hear the “chew tobacco/chew tobacco/chew tobacco spit” line.
- “Mama’s Broken Heart” by Miranda Lambert. Again, I don’t like Miranda’s voice, but this song is such a SONG! I don’t change the station.
- “I Drive Your Truck” by Lee Brice. For awhile I assumed another this was about truck drivers. It’s not. Tissue needed.
- Another Lee Brice song “Hard to Love.” I may need to buy that album. This line “You’re like a Sunday morning, full of grace and full of Jesus.”
- “Hey Pretty Girl” by Kip Moore. What can I say, I’m a girl. It got me.
That was a lot. I’m not apologizing.
3. Honey Bunches of Oats wins at cereal-making. I’m almost eating it exclusively. I don’t get too exclusive with much. Tide White Lilac detergent and Coffee Mate creamer are exceptions.
4. Blue Bell came out with ITALIAN CREME CAKE ICE CREAM. I saw a commercial yesterday then heard one of the radio today, and put my hand over my mouth as they described it. And then I imagined eating a whole carton in one sitting. My favorite cake + ice cream!?! I can’t even wait to get it.
5. Last night I instagrammed a picture of a grocery store find: Blue Diamond’s Toasted Coconut Almonds. So good. I think I eat almonds most days of the week.
6. ALSO, Edy’s has a Slow Churned (1/2 the fat) version of Caramel Cookie (aka Samoa) ice cream. I bought it last night as well. Great. But still, #4!!
7. I think about food a lot. Sometimes when I eat Craisins, I feel like I need to confess how great my love is for them. I think I feel guilty because I buy them in bulk.
8. Hydrogen peroxide is not good to continue using on wounds. I feel like a lot of people enjoy cleaning wounds with it, but it actually impedes wound healing. Use it initially if you enjoy the fizzy burn, but after that, soap, water, and triple antibiotic ointment is all you need. (On my mind today).
9. My balance is off with home improvement stores. I’m either at Lowe’s or Home Depot too much or not enough.
10. This post about men wearing sleeveless shirts by BooMama (one of my favorite bloggers) tickled me: http://boomama.net/2013/05/19/its-time-to-talk-about-it/ I don’t feel as strong as she does, but I also have men who I adore who wear tank tops. It’s a price we have to pay living in Nashville.
Ten seems like a good place to quit. I’m taking questions. What else do you want to know about me, about health, grocery shopping, Nashville? I’m all ears. Love you friends!
P.S. I read over this and it looks I’m manic, but I promise, I’m calm as a lamb.